Do you have a room in your house or apartment that you don’t like to go into because you don’t know how to make it feel homey? Are you not sure exactly how to make it feel homey? Well, you may be in luck!
There are so many great interior design books available that can help! You can educate yourself in interior design just by finding and reading the right books.
Here is a list of our top 5 interior design books that you should read in 2017. Once you read these books, you can finally get around to designing and decorating that room of yours!
1. Make Room for What You Love: Your Essential Guide to Organizing and Simplifying by Melissa Michaels
Do you feel like your house is cluttered with stuff? Does this make your mind feel cluttered? If so, you must read this book ASAP! This is a great book for prioritizing the things that are most important to your home! It is a gracious and uplifting book that we would definitely recommend!
2. In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney
We had to include this book in honor of International Women’s Day! This book is packed with interviews with over 100 women entrepreneurs, artists, and designers! If you are feeling like you can never get your house to look the way you want it to, then this book will help you find the inspiration you need to get up and start designing!
3. A Touch of Farmhouse Charm: Easy DIY Projects to Add a Warm and Rustic Feel to Any Room by Liz Fourez
If you are looking to make your home feel more rustic, then this is the book for you! Packed with great photos, ideas, and DIY projects, you will be able to create the rustic look you want in no time!
4. Simple Decorating: 50 Ways to Inspire Your Home by Melissa Michaels
This is another great book by Melissa Michaels! Simple Decorating gives good insight about how to decorate your home in an affordable and easy way. There are also great tips about how to make your home reflect your personality and how to transform your hard-to-love space into your favorite room in the house.
5. Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves by Emily Henderson and Angelin Borsics
If you love how designers from HGTV transform spaces, you will want to read this book! Styled is great if you are needing practical advice about what to do with a difficult space in your home. Gain insider information about home styling and become your own favorite designer!